Transition Support Program Description
The Transition Support Program (TSP) is for students who are finishing high school and interested in creating a plan for their future. The goal is to assist young adults in exploring and choosing the best path for their future. Participants explore their interests and skills, and after considering a number of options, make informed decisions about their lives as adults.
What do we do in TSP?
The Transition Support Program is a combination of onsite instruction and community explorations. Programming is individualized and may include the following topics depending upon participant goals and preferences.
- Career planning
- Employability skills
- Job search techniques
- Filling out job applications
- Resume writing
- Interview skills
- Budgeting and banking
- Relationships and sexuality
- Driver education
- Employment opportunities
- Upgrading and vocational training programs
- Post-secondary educational opportunities
- Financial supports
- Housing options for semi-independent and
- independent living
- Recreational and cultural resources
- Personal support agencies
- Further development of independent travel skills
- Work experiences
Who is the program for?
TSP is for young adults who are ready to transition from high school into the workplace and community life, but require support, skills and information to do so effectively.
Young adults entering the program must:
- Be 17 – 20 years of age
- Have the ability to travel the ETS bus system independently
- Have a desire to set future goals and to achieve them.
We will consider the suitability of applicants on an individual basis.
For further information, please call:
Locations are easily accessible by public transportation.
#205, 12928 – 50 Street, Edmonton, AB
TSP on 5th
#203, 10132 – 105 Street, Edmonton, AB
#218, 9738 – 51 Avenue, Edmonton, AB