L.Y. Cairns is a Grade 7 to 12 opportunity school with a program geared towards vocational.
In order to attend you must have the following:
- Be in an Opportunity program
- Diagnoses of a mild intellectual disability
- Psycho-Educational Assessments
Successful L.Y. Cairns Students must be able to do the following:
- Manage a locker and timetable
- Work Independently in a classroom
- Complete an independent, mandatory community-based work experience placement
- Communicate appropriately with their peers and their school community
*Please note the school system identifies students for the Opportunity program using academic and psychological assessments. Students with other diagnoses may be reviewed on an individual basis. Discussions with the students current school, observations and file reviews may be needed to determine eligibility.